Anyone else having trouble getting back into it after the break?

P

I have some work to hand in next week which really I should be panicing about as it is seriously not underway, and so far today........ I have cleaned my kitchen, tidied the office, been on myspace, made the perfect cup of turkish coffee and searched for a download of the Peaches track from Lost in Tranlastion. Not good. I promised to go to the gym again at 5:30, so I havee 3 hours to make my day worth while and ahem I am writing this post.

M

I've neer had turkish coffee, but heard that's it's very strong.

So, question for the day..

Discuss how to make the perfect cup of Turkish coffee.

F

Me too Pea. I have serious deadlines and I struggling with motivational issues. Hope the coffee was good though!

P

To make it properly you need this pot thingie which is called something like an ibrik - that's not the right word, but its along those lines - perhaps a turkish forum member can fill us in? I just use a very small milk pan & a good quality ground coffee. You have to add the sugar with the water and gentley boil it and the grinds sort of seperate out and settle at the bottom of the pan. Never ever add milk - (this is a terrible faux pas) and serve it in a little expresso cup. Warning - it is total rocket fuel, but so yummy, syrupy and sweet. Mmmmm.
The bestest bestest place to take it, is in the walled garden of the Paris Mosque, which has beautiful moorish tiles and does baclava.

J

I have done basically nothing all week. Feel really guilty but just can't be bothered to do anything. Obviously not feeling guilty enough!!

M

Ibrik? Sounds like building materials made by Apple...

Oh dear, I've been at work for too long today.

R

I've managed to stroll through the lab a few times...even put my labcoat on on one occasion. But, yes...finding it very hard to get back into the swing of things! Have made a plan today though, mainly involving booking pieces of equipment...I thought it would force me to get back to work as I'd feel guilty if I then didn't use my booking!

T

I am not really getting anywhere so I have spent the day ordering myself some new toys to play with for when I do get to do some work and looking for conference and courses to go on.. So it has been kind of productive

M

PS3, tricky? Or are we talking lab toys?

Y

I've spent the first bit of this week, totally time wasting. I've finally felt just about organised enough to start working again, though the thought of my lit review is sending me into procrastination mode again. Its not helping that my office is freezing as the uni turned the heating off over xmas, I have a feeling it only came back on yesterday.

T

Alas lab toys.. I tried to convince my supervisor that a 42" flat screen TV, a games console and DVD player would boost lab morale and thus increase work output.. but funnily enough he didn't go for it.. I think I will hold off on suggesting the group trip to Australia for now hehe.

P

I have zero motivation too. As of today, my thesis is 2 weeks overdue for submission. You would think I would be motivated at this point. Uh huh - not one bit. Help!