Anyone else keep repeating analyses over and over...?

S

I keep tweaking my theoretical models. I can't seem to help myself it's likea disease. I keep thinking their finished and then I start tweaking again. And no matter how small the tweak is, it means doing all or a lot of the analyses over again. It's driving me bonkers. i'm about to do them for the last time. Yes. The last. Really. No more tweaking. None. Not even a tiny tweakette.

H

Heh heh...sod the theory, I'm still tweaking the practical work 'cos I don't think the data is "pretty" enough! 9 months of tweaking...

S

I bet my data is uglier than your data....

J

Heh. It's my nightmare that I will discover a tiny error - just a piddling little mistake - that will render all my data meaningless.

Naturally, I will discover this error 27 hours before my viva.

S

when i was working quantitatively, i was constantly tweaking, too. i suppose i would have gone on forever if it hadn't been for the deadline.

i do think that every little tweak did make my work a tiny bit better, and in the long run quite good. i think it would have taken quite a few more tweaks before it would have become redundant. but the deadline was looming... deadlines can be good things sometimes!