Anyone else working over the weekend?

L

I would like to relax this weekend but I need to get this done and i'm not in the mood for it at all, anyone else feeling the same today? Maybe we could all encourage each other to get it all done :-)

Yeah, me. See the accountability thread. Good luck.

yep - I became panicked last week about people doing similar work to me so decided that I WILL get my publication written up this weekend, even if its only a first draft to show sup. I have now decided to add some extra stats to it, so working my way through interviews and SPSS today. Hopefully it will mean I can write the results tomorrow and a very quick overview of intro and discussion so I can talk through it with sup and then finish it off in the early part of next week.

Funnily enough I am feeling more in the mood than usual today - must be the actual thought of getting something complete, rather than endless drivel being written down and then forgotten about!

W

I have lectures to do on Monday with some ungrateful undergrads, so yep, I'm working this weekend. Gonna have a drink tonight though.Oh, and if anyone has any time free or wishes to take a break, watch Fatal Deviation on Youtube - it's the worst film I've ever seen and therefore the funniest for it. To the girls on this forum, it's got one of the singers from Boyzone in it - thought that would get your attention!:p

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

I have lectures to do on Monday with some ungrateful undergrads, so yep, I'm working this weekend. Gonna have a drink tonight though.Oh, and if anyone has any time free or wishes to take a break, watch Fatal Deviation on Youtube - it's the worst film I've ever seen and therefore the funniest for it. To the girls on this forum, it's got one of the singers from Boyzone in it - thought that would get your attention!:p

erm - yes, boyzone, not the dead one I hope! (this comment would cause outrage on the other forum I frequent, hopefully not here) I always preferred Blur when I was that age.

L

I'm trying to proof read a few chapters, but my knowledge of grammar isnt the best, sigh :$ I keep thinking of things I should include, why is it all coming to me so close to the end? Time is not on my side:-s
I was more of an Oasis fan but now I would prefer the music blur had back then. 8-)

I always give my writing to my mum to read. She was taught proper grammar at school. I wasn't although she did try to pass it on, I don't understand the rules as well as she does, and I find that my 'younger culture' has ruined the correct grammatical phrases in my head if that makes sense. The worst one I constantly correct friends on is 'could of' grr. Anyway, I do really feel sorry for her having to wade through it all, but it is really helpful!

Yeah, I mean Boyzone Wally, give us a bit of credit!

The best terrible film I've ever seen is Stayin' Alive, the sequel to Saturday Night Fever with John Travolta: cheesiest of cheese ever, plus legwarmers, starbursts and men in tights. It was a great way to wind down after writing my last paper. Must get some work done now...

hmm my worst film ever was cabin fever - it was awful. But my film studies friends say it was really good. So maybe I missed something!

J

am working as well.. need to finish this chapter and give it a voice. :-)

i love the way you're all discussing films 8-)

J

am working as well.. need to finish this chapter and give it a voice. :-)

i love the way you're all discussing films 8-)

L

i'm still working :-(

S

Yes, I'm here too. I have to have an article completely rewritten by 9am Mon, so have been working solidly since Thurs am. Am tired and grumpy after working 3 16 hour days in a row, and the article is still sh$$e. Too may editors and reviewers want more and more and more background, but still want to the article to come within the word count. So have done what they want, and now, out of a 20 page article, there's exactly 3 pages on the actual fidnings!!! Insane. So I need to restructure and rewrite again.

So, am here this fine Sun morning.

J

I'm still working too :-(. i expected to get much further on that I have, and am grumpy because I haven't had the time to get into the garden and pick the apples even, or sort out all the other things I need to do. I have no idea where the time has gone, and am sure its only Tuesday really! super will be expecting something tomorrow and its going to be touch and go as to whether I get it done - also promised a power-point presentation for Tuesday on equality as it affects school governors ( the makeup of governing bodies etc.) so no pressure. anyone know offhand if you can import a page from publisher into word before I try it????

C

I have a chapter to finish by Monday, but I took today off to do social things and wind down. I feel so much better now and will wake up early tmrw to sort things out.