Anyone have BBSRC funding?

K

Does anyone here have BBSRC funding for a PhD starting this year? Have you heard anything from them? Filled out any forms etc?

T

Hi

I have BBSRC funding and I had to fill out a form with my details on and a bank details form when I was offered studentship.. that was back in May and I havent heard anything back from the BBSRC as of yet. I have had emails from the grad office at the institute i am going to and my supervisor so I assume that what i filled out was enough.

K

Thats worrying, I haven't filled out any form with my bank details, just a standard one for uni. Maybe I should ask my supe.

T

Perhaps you should ask him.. Do you know if your money is coming from DTA the uni gets from the BBSRC or whether it is coming from a different area of funding?

Mine is coming from a different area as it is a CASE studentship whereas I think if it comes out of the DTA the uni gets it from the BBSRC and then passes it on to you.. I could be wrong but i think that is how it works

K

Mines a CASE too, What if you've stolen my one and thats why I haven't got the forms I'm going to send some e-mails.

T

Hehe I hope I haven't stolen it.. but if i have its mine now :oP

G

Yep, I had to fill in a form from the BBSRC in May. Mine's not a CASE studentship though, so maybe they're different. Or prehaps they're just not planning on paying you.............