Anyone not using Endnote?

S

Going to scream if I have one more problem with Endnote - it is crap crap crap

Is anyone else inputting references themselves instead. Know it will take longer, but at least I won't have the problems that are getting in my way now

F

Hi,
I bumped into Endnote only a couple of days ago and found it impractical at first glance (maybe because I'm not used to it yet). I always wrote my endnotes manually until now and I will continue this way until I discover that EN can bring me some real advantage.

J

moi :)

C

I used endnote to store info in, but I just can't get it to copy things properly into documents. So I do it manually...

have you tried the update patches on the website? They usually fix the bugs. They also list on that page what bugs are fixed with what updates. (I don't know if they really work as I am quite new to the program)

http://www.endnote.com/support/enupdates.asp

S

I have put hundreds of references into refworks, but as yet haven't tried to create a bibliography...and I don't think I'm going to. I know the general opinion on here is that you'd be crazy not to use some kind of software, but I'm okay with the idea. I mean, how long can it take???

N

I'm using Endnote. I have had a lot of trouble with it, but I still find it useful, in my opinion it takes a LOT longer to fill in the references manually. (Not to mention cross checking references in text against bibliography or changing formatting...)

I also use Endote to keep track of all my literature.

I know some people prefere Ref Man, have you tried that?

H

What kind of problems???

I find it really useful and generally easy to use!

V

When I did not use Endnote, referencing was a nightmare. Now, with endnote it is a pure pleasure. But it takes little bit time to learn how to use it. I suggest go trough help chapter bu chapter before using it.

J

i tried it. finding it difficult and slow. i've put it on hold for the moment. I find it quite easy doing them manually, tho i like the idea of being able to use different referencing styles in a doc at the click of a mouse.

So far it looks easy and straight-forward. Especially when I had to transfer my existing non-EndNote database as well as enter some new ones into a new library. However, I hear people talking about problems and bugs at later stages. The only problem I experienced is saving journal articles as Ancient Text type from some reference sites, but apparently the new update fixes this fault.

M

i am using JabRef - simple but effective and importing to WinEdt or Kile is only a click of a button away

oh yeah, and it is free

B

I dont use Endnote. Tried it but didnt like it. It took longer finding the articles to put into endnote than actually manually inserting them into word document.
B