APA Ref. question?

S

I'm in the middle of writing a chapter & this conference paper reference is giving me a headache abt how to do that. This is how it goes..

The conference paper is published inside an article which has a heading of 'Communications to the Annual conference of...' There are few papers put together in this journal article with each authors name.

My question is ..whether to reference this as
a) conference paper (but there is a journal year, volume & page no)
b) conference proceeding
c) journal article ? (but then this has editors)

:-s :-s

S

Looks like nobody is interested in helping me to clear the confusion :-(
So, this is what I will be doing incase if anyone wants to comment. I'm going to reference this as a book chapter as it is within a journal aritcle and has editors

H

Quote From sheena:

Looks like nobody is interested in helping me to clear the confusion :-(

It may just be that nobody knows the answer.

I would check with the publishers/editors of the book for which you are writing your chapter to see what referencing system they use (e.g. Vancover). Different referencing systems probably have different guidelines on this one.

S

Thanks Hazyjane! This is in a journal article and they have specified a way to cite this article but the problem is- that way I won't be citing the actual paper but only the main paper which includes the one I'm writing about -
too confusing to even write now..:-p I'm going to ask my super next time we meet,,although this seems a minute thing in the whole writing scene

H

Dunno if this would help but maybe try searching the thing that you're trying to reference on Google Scholar or similar and see how other people have cited it?