Application Process - How many to apply to?

C

Hi,

I'm looking at applying for a MSc in Advanced Computer Science to start in 2010 but I wanted to apply to more than one University. The problem is, a number of the application processes require your referee's to log onto their system and write a reference. My question is, would it not be cheeky to ask a referee to do this more than once? After all, they are taking time out of their day to do this for me, and it just seems that more than once is asking a lot.

I was thinking about asking for a written letter of reference, although I've noticed on the Internet that a few people consider this rude if you start asking for a copy of what they have written.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Chris.

S

I don't think they would mind having to do a few. Once they have written it once all they have to do is copy and paste.

K

I agree- I have asked my undergrad tutor for a heap of references in the past, and each time he just opens up a folder with my name on it and adapts it slightly to suit the purpose! I wouldn't worry at all about asking for more than one reference, they are used to it and they will save each reference so they can re-use it again anyway! Good luck with your applications! KB