Are you enjoying your PhD?

Z

@Escoppycoppy: How did you structure this? My sups are too busy for me to just be able to drop in and chat so it's easier to book a time each week to discuss work. We usually spend 30-60 mins a week though, plus e-mail (although both my sups are not great at responding quickly to email, though they always respond within a day or two).

Does this mean you had lots of short-term (24 hour) goals that you worked on before you met again, or was it ongoing work that you relayed back on and discussed several times a week?

E

Zinar- no, I meant 4x total in the course of the year, and then 3x over the course of the next two. So I guess I meant 'lower you' rather than 'raise you'... my PhD experience has sucked, but I think for very different reasons to your lack of enjoyment...

E

======= Date Modified 10 Sep 2011 17:25:02 =======
======= Date Modified 10 Sep 2011 17:18:54 =======
[sorry, doubled post]
...specifically, my experience is about the utter absence of work/comments. I really haven't EVER had a proper discussion about what I'm doing... so to me the idea of talking about it once a week and getting comments at all sounds like postgrad paradise. But then, I guess having structure isn't necessarily about the amount of meetings.