Argh! Please help me!

E

Hi,

You might remember that I posted months ago, about the supervisory issues I was having? I am working under the same team, but more with the co supervisor, who is great, but I'm having some major concerns as I am exam in January, the last one before the viva (I have 10 months of funding left, plus a year's writing up).

Where has everybody else been up to by this point? (Arts, not Science, PhD) Did anybody else feel still unsure? I expect to have the research completed by June, have method, intro, lit review and chapter 1 (of 4) written in draft form...is this really bad and behind? Very worried about failing the January exam! Any comments very well appreciated!:-s

P

everyone feels a bit anxious before the exam. it's kinda natural to feel that way, assuming that u're human like all of us here.. :)

regarding your progress with work, try to maintain a steady pace in writing. it's better to write consistently everyday, than to go on a spurt once in a while.

get tips from past postgrads and your supervisor if possible, concerning the scope of the exam. would it be focusing on general knowledge regarding your research, or something more specific to your work. the postgrad exam changes all the time. estimating the possible region of knowledge relevant to it would be a great help. i mean, we can't possibly know everything right? hehe

good luck for the exam!