Athens and Journal access

O

What is the problem in using someone else's Athens username and password?? My whole department is using the same password.

Academics seem to have a tendency to make simple things very complicated.

P

I think it is probably what has been drummed into me in the past, DO NOT SHARE etc. etc. If your whole dept. uses a single one, then I can't see why it is so bad after all. I am hoping my supervisor will offer me one as he knows I haven't got one any more, short of that, I will just ask him, by the end of the week. He is great, maybe he has just not thought about it. Or maybe after the 20th article I ask him to download for me, he may have a think about giving me one
Quite frankly, it is beaurocracy gone to seed.

O

Exactly. If he won't offer you one end of this week just post here again and I will be able to forward you access per email or similar.

P

Thanks Otto, much appreciated

C

PinkNeuron, out of interest, what is your PhD on? (sorry if you've said before) about to start a neuropsych phd too, well waiting for the official offer anyway.

P

I am researching in the field of neural ageing.

N

hi guys. im desperately trying to get into athens for research my ma. im studying with DLIADT in Dublin- they havent access- im going crazy!my course is visual arts practices- so im looking up culture/philosophy/architecture etc...keep getting all my research ending up in a cul-de-sac called jstor/ athens...is there any way around this?yours, desperately, nina