awaiting a yes or a NO!

S

so who is nervously waiting for an answer for a PhD
i try not to think about it but its always on my mind how do you cope as its a big decision to await

thanks

J

Me! Although still got to have the interview - I know I've got one just don't know the exact date yet. Have never been so nervous! The worst part (for me anyway) is that if it's a yes, I've then got to find the fees from somewhere...

Good luck with yours, hope it's a yes

S

lol so what are you going to do about fees as its alot of money im kinda in the same boat as you

so have you had much interaction with a university and how many did u apply too

J

It's part time so will have to find £1600 which could be worse. Got a few local charities to apply to so I might get a contribution from them, otherwise I'll have to beg, steal or borrow from somewhere!

I've only applied to one uni, it's in my local area and the Professor that I approached I really want to work with. I've had a lot of contact with him, he's been really supportive which has been fantastic.

What about you?

S

well i have applied to a few as i was worried about putting all eggs in the one basket etc, so what kind of charities are you applying too as is this different from normal methods of funding people go for

what is your field of study?
and do you think your prof has gave you almost of a nudge nudge your accepted

J

Field of study is health psychology, the charities are mainly small local ones that provide small grants for women in education so I figured it was worth a shot.

The place is dependent on the interview, hence the nervousness!

Have you had a response from more than one place then? Are you past the interview stage?

S

no i have not had an interview i have had some brief contact with potential supervisors but im a little in the dark and finding the whole not knowing if i have a chance or not hard to deal with

i just want to phone them and badger
am i in
am i in
am i in
lol

i have applied to a handful in an attempt to cover my bases
im betting there are no charities for men in education