Awards - 3 yrs ordinary resident

G

I was exploring the site for Schoarship/Funding. I found the following line:
UK scholarships are available to UK citizens or those who have been ordinarily resident in the UK for a period of 3 years or more."

I am not clear about the criteria of 3 year ordinarily resident in UK. e.g
Does an international student in UK living for more than 3 years is eligible for UK Citizen scholarships under that rule?

Please reply at [email protected]
as well.

Thanks and Regards
Hassan

G

'Ordinarily Resident' means that education cannot have been the main purpose of your stay in the UK - ie if you have been here on a student visa you won't qualify.

As Kiwi has stated you need to have been ordinarilly resident in the UK for purposes other than full time education.

G

I AM STUDENT OF P.H.D AT UNIVERSITY OF WALES AND I AM BRITISH CITIZENT OVER PERIOD OF TEN YEARS I AM HERE IN THIS COUNTRY, I LOOKING FOR P.H.D GRANT IF NO ANY BODY CAN HELP FOR THAT I AM VERY TO THEM. THANK YOU FOR THAT IFORMATIOM. H DIMA

G

HUSSEIN DIMA (Student) on 29 December 2004 at 14:12
I AM STUDENT OF P.H.D AT UNIVERSITY OF WALES AND I AM BRITISH CITIZENT OVER PERIOD OF TEN YEARS I AM HERE IN THIS COUNTRY, I LOOKING FOR P.H.D GRANT IF YOU KNOW ANY BODY CAN HELP FOR THAT I AM VERY GLAD TO THEM. THANK YOU FOR THAT IFORMATIOM. H DIMA