Back at work and feeling sad...anyone else not feeling chipper?

B

Does anyone else hate this time of year? Back to work today and I just feel depressed - I actually want to cry! I have tonnes to do and my supervisor is already emailing me. Its cold and miserable and I feel like there's nothing to look forward to. I'm tired already! Anyone else feeling a lil' bit blue?

H

Yes I feel the same, I hate uni and I want a proper job with decent amount of money, I hate being poor!

T

Yeah I have back to work blues.. but I am sure they will pass.. But there is always something to look forward to.. Like Hollyoaks and Neighbours hehe

R

i know exactly how you feel - i hate January it sucks. To make matters worse my boyfriend and housemates are all away at the moment so i'm all alone - well except for the cats.

J

Actually I quite like this time of year - I like things being back to normal after the suspended animation of Christmas and New Year. Of course I could do without the bloody gales though.

S

january is rubbish.. its cold miserable and what is there to loook forward to!

J

Lots of birthdays in the Jan-March period for me, that makes it OK. And I like looking out for the first snowdrops.

M

First snowdrops? Where exactly is your PhD, Juno?

J

Leicester, that tropical paradise of the Midlands

I haven't seen any yet, but tbis time last year I saw some in the park, closely followed by tiny daffodils

V

January, february, March...July...December,... if you are a PhD students every month, all weather conditions are bad for you:(( And yes, I do want a proper life as well:)

M

I'd imagine the worst months for PhD people are Jan, July, August, and September - ie when the undergrads are away. I remember when I was working as a researcher (paid, not student), I found these times tedious as the uni was almost dead.

S

I like it when undergrads aren't around...

A

oooo, so do I. You can get into the library, there are no queues for photocopiers, you can have a coffee in peace, your supervisor isnt driven to distraction with teaching and marking. It is sooo much better when the undergrads aren't around.