Back from holiday /research trip

J

Got back yesterday from my (nearly) 5 week (holiday and research) trip to the states and don't know what I should be doing first. We are all (including 11 year old who is still awake at 2.15am) very jetlagged - today I did a mixture of watching rubbish tv, sleeping, catching up with a friend and restocking fridge but I need to get my ass into gear.

P

I'd gathered what you collected on the trip! It's not perhaps as time sensitive as the others, at least in the traditional sense, but if you're anything like me you'll soon forget details here and there. Probably best to get it gathered and organised whilst it's relatively fresh in the mind.

Then I'd aim for a sorting out the presentation and uniforms!

D

Hey, welcome back Jepson, hope you had a great time!

I definitely would get the material sorted out, it's too easy to let time go by and then not get it all sorted. Do it even if it's to just put it aside and come back to in a week or two after conference.

J

Because of the amount of luggage we had (including camping equipment) I did do a sort through and chuck out when we were in New Mexico and I have filed it at least into stuff from archives, stuff from National Parks (sorted geographically) and other stuff and so on. I'm worried if I do too much sorting of that I will get too into it (watching all the videos I took, transcribing interviews etc) and the conference presentation won't get done or my son won't have his uniform for his new secondary school (and as I won't be here when he starts as I am in London at the conference for 4 days I am feeling guilty on that front anyway).

P

In that case then I'd just write down anything not already written down that's likely to fade a bit. Even if it's just a few notes to jog the memory later. And then straight on to the presentation and uniform.

I'm in a prioritising quandry of sorts too. I have to move out on the 5th of september so for the moment, now my interview is out the way, I'm focusing on getting stuff packed and cleaned. I do have some paper feedback to hand in though...the faster I do that the faster it gets submitted... :S Also have to find somewhere to live. Either the parents, a friend or the location of said interview. Should probably do that too. And there's another job to apply for. :S