Balancing Work, Studies, Family Life, and Enough Sleep

B

Thank you so so much for your lovely comments. Each one of them helped me in one way. In response to pm133 I should say that he hasn't changed his mind. He says in a sarcastic way that he can quit his job: meaning that there won't be any more tuition for me to go to school and same with all the other expenses. I appreciate everybody's advice. DrCorinne, thanks so much. You exactly understand where I am standing and what will be helpful. I have started to do so. Just I hope it will continue to work. Thanks again to everybody's kindness in commenting.

A

I think it's all in our hand, how we manage between things. Well, it's different for different people.

P

Quote From Bah:
Thank you so so much for your lovely comments. Each one of them helped me in one way. In response to pm133 I should say that he hasn't changed his mind. He says in a sarcastic way that he can quit his job: meaning that there won't be any more tuition for me to go to school and same with all the other expenses. I appreciate everybody's advice. DrCorinne, thanks so much. You exactly understand where I am standing and what will be helpful. I have started to do so. Just I hope it will continue to work. Thanks again to everybody's kindness in commenting.

That's awful. I think I've made my thoughts on your husband's attitude pretty clear and this reinforces that. If you were my daughter your husband and I would be having a very serious conversation indeed. It's stories like yours which have caused me to continually talk to my daughters about making very careful choices of partner.

As a thought, is it possible that your husband is jealous of you? That he's afraid you will have an equal or better qualification than him? That you'll end up with a better job? Or more pay?

No woman in 2016 should be subjected to this level of domestic abuse from her husband for daring to chase her dreams. I think abuse is the right word for it.

Incidentally, you asked in an earlier post "Where is the limit of selfishness and self-devotion?" I would say that the limit is when one side is being controlled and taken advantage of to the extent that their quality of life is suffering. It's one thing sacrficing for a worthy cause such as looking after a child or a sick parent. It's quite another when there is absolutely no reason for it other than one person exerting unreasonable control over the other.