BBSRC funded PhD

K

I have gotten a place and accepted a BBSRC case award PhD and I was wondering if any one has an idea as to how long it takes to get the paperwork through. Its been 2 months and I know my university has submitted the paperwork to the bbsrc. Also does any one know when I get paid, if it is monthly, termly, quarterly?

H

It varies from university to university, best to ring up your department and ask them.

S

if it is anything like the ESRC i think the paperwork should go through the council in july, and reach you end of july/start of august.

S

i get paid quarterly with bbsrc i was meant to get paid the october i started but took them an extra month as they lost my degree certificate as proof i was doing the phd.

C

I'm funded by the BBSRC and (so far!) haven't had any problems. I'm paid quarterly, and my money was there when I started at the beginning of October. I was impressed as I always had problems with my student loan going into the same bank account but the BBSRC are managing without a problem!

K

Thank you all! Quarterly sounds great to me. In all fairness as long as i get paid ill be happy!