bbsrc stipend where has it gone!?

J

Is there anyone else who is funded by the bbsrc and not yet recieved their stipend? I'm just going into my 2nd year and as yet no money for this year!

K

I'm in my first year and we got ours by cheque because apparently they are having problems with the bank thing. Also you could check with your supervisor that they sent off the form stating that you are still continuing your PhD which they have to do each year.

J

thanks katq I am wondering if its because of the upgrade thing. I only heard today that I have been upgraded to PhD from Mphil. So maybe thats why.

S

Hi Jen. I had the same problem - I am funded by the BBSRC and just going into 2nd year and I didn't get my next installment either. I emailed the BBSRC and it turns out there's an annual confirmation that's sent to your supervisor, which must be signed and returned before you can get your next lot of money. the form was sent out at the beginning of August. I had the BBSRC fax over another and got my supervisor (who denies seeing the original in august) to sign it. I then got my money within a week. Hope this helps