Big Brother and My Deadline

M

Big Brother 9 started last night, and it runs for 13 weeks.

By the time this year's Big Brother finishes, my PhD needs to be finished too! Roughly speaking, I need to edit or write 6000 words per evicted contestant.

I, and other 'September Club members' now have our very own televisual countdown clock!!

(Of course, I never ever, ever watch BB).

T

don't even know what is BB.. anyway, good luck! you need to relax, and just imagine the happiness of getting the degree!

L

lol you're so funny!!

i think for me, i have 11 weeks left!!
but yes it's nice to have another member of the september deadline!

lol at your idea of writing words per contestant haha.

i'm planning on having a 1st draft of my entire thesis by july 1st!

yah we really need to keep an eye on each other, to make sure we're progressing and haven't fallen in a hole of dispair.

B

I've got a September deadline too. I've been completely addicted to BB in past years - I'm ashamed to admit - and completely forlorn when it's been over. For the last few years I've stayed away. Partly to reclaim my life and partly because my background is in theatre so I ought to be showing solidarity for decent drama / trained actors / production values.

I've just handed in a 13,000 word chapter today so no time for BB last night. I'm soooo tempted and with the excuse of the September club...

What do we do if they evict multiple housemates in the same week? Stock up on Proplus and write / edit 12,000 or 18,000 words?

L

i dont watch BB, but i like the idea of the september club
i'm addicted to greys anatomy, that's my vice

M

@Tom, you've never heard of BB? You're a lucky man!!

@Betty, welcome to the September Club! I must admit I used to be a BB addict too, although I haven't watched it for ages now. I caught the start on Thursday, and thought 'ARRRHHH as the contestants leave my PhD needs to be done'. At least the live feed will keep me company (or send me to sleep) during a boring summer of writing-up!

@Lara, Grey's Anatomy is far more respectable