Billy's Diary - life as a PhD statistician!

R

Hi Billy! I might be a few votes away from another star, but hey it can't hurt ;-) Mmmm... I should at least try to say something helpful... Ooh ok here is a quote I like...

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research" Einstein

Ta-daaa!!! Hope it helps :-)

S

Quote From rosy:

Hi Billy! I might be a few votes away from another star, but hey it can't hurt ;-) Mmmm... I should at least try to say something helpful... Ooh ok here is a quote I like...

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research" Einstein

Ta-daaa!!! Hope it helps :-)

Hey Rosy...thanks for being helpful...looked like it worked!!

W

When you wish upon a...star?

T

Are you still suffering from the post-Bank holiday slump? I know I am...

L

Quote From thecoastman:

i am i am! mwuahahaha i have diagnosed my problem then, its post bank holiday slump. i can use it as an excuse for my poor poor performance for the past few days erm, including the weekend too!:$

T

Remember though Lara that it doesn't count as a post-bank holiday slump if the slump happened a week before the bank holiday. Unless you're slumping still from the last bank holiday... ;-)

S

Quote From thecoastman:

Ok you've got me. It's definatly a post Bank holiday slump. Or at least I hope it is, oh god, the other option being that i have completely lost my phd-mojo is too horrible to contemplate. Plus tomorrow I am going to the emerald isle tomorrow to see my big brother and so am only doing a 3 day week and it's the knowledge that I'm not doing as many hours makes me think that idon't need to have produced so much work.

Last night had a complete meltdown and now my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. :$ Who knew that the pressures of a brother-in-law that keeps giving me death stares, moving house, spending 3 days at my brother house whose girlfriend seriously dislikes me- oh, and a little thing called a PhD could result in a complete inability to do anything. All I want to do is sleep today...

So I suppose that is why I havn't been posting. I should be posting aims and my achievements but don't really feel like I have achieved anything. But at least this diary records the lows as well as the highs and is true to the overall PhD experience. I think when I first started on my PhD journey I expected that there would be times that were difficult but until you actually experience them I guess you don't know how it's going to make you feel and affect your work.

Sorry, this post is a bit negative and has turned into a bit of a rant. Am off to find my positive hat now to put on! (up) Now, time to be proactive. If I get one thing done this afternoon and manage to tidy and order my desk ready for monday, then at least I have achieved something!