Bleak Towers tirade

O

I just have to rant...yuk, this was not a pretty morning at Bleak Towers. It appeared some one got sick on something, and decided to spew in the lift...why would you think the lift is the loo? :(

Then some moron ( the one who got sick in the lift?) left all of his clothes in the laundry facility overnight--hogging up the sparse washer and dryer facilities. Since there is only limited laundry facilities for a LOT of people, this is inconsiderate beyond words. What is the normal thing in handling this--to move the offending clothes into a pile and just use the facilities that you need?

there is just something very distasteful about the thought of handling someone else's clothes, wet, dry or clean...

J

The laundry thing happens in my place all the time. I usually just take the clothes out of the washer or dryer and put them on the washing machine or on a box on the floor. It's a normal procedure, tbh

J

I mean, you want to use the facilities. So if nobody else is using the facilities, just occupying the space, there is nothing wrong in taking them out and putting them aside. If you have problems touching someone else's knickers, just use medical gloves

O

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cannot stomach the thought of handling someone else's knickers......ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but that aside, thanks for the tips, Jouri, next time the Bleak Towers Bleak Laundry Facility is left like that, I shall just grip my innards ( well, its not far to the lift if I need to spew!) and move the offending clothes to some other location.

O

PS and I hope the wet clothes left overnight had mildew!

O

and this morning the mess in the lift is still there...I have emailed a complaint to Bleak Towers about this....nearly enough to make me take the stairs, if one, I knew where they were, and two, I were not a zillion flights up...

X

Olivia, you're bringing back memories (or nightmares rather) of my halls of residence experiences. I absolutely loathed living in student accomodation. In my last place, we had 10 people sharing a matchbox kitchen, so it was always packed. I couldn't bear it, so I put a microwave in my room and lived off ready meals for a year! Uni accomodation is notoriously pants. We were treated like kids, even though it was a postgrad building full of PhDers. The warden used to let himself into our rooms without permission, and the cleaners were always hanging about. I had a friend staying with me for one night and was told off the next morning-hated every minute of it!

X

Olivia, can you find a shared house or something with one of your friends? I think you'd feel much happier with that arrangement.

O

That is a good idea, I look from time to time at alternatives, the problem being in part how much time all of that takes! In the meantime I have soothed myself with a nice piece of triple chocolate slice--which I resisted having for now almost two weeks!!!!!

O

ohhhh...and...48 or 72 hours later that moron's clothing is still in the laundry. some of it is in the dryer, some of it still in the washer! Perhaps I am being a bit harsh to call the person a moron. The more I think of it, the more it starts to resemble the scene of an alien abduction!!!!!!

J

i remember such thing from my student days, probably the most memorable was the time we took one girl out on her birthday, she was upset about her boyfirend not phoning or something, but managed to down several pints of some local brew.The pub was halfway down a hill, and our place was at the top, so which way did she turn? Yes, down the hill, stopping her was like trying to stop a train, no joke! We eventually managed to get her up the hill and into our room, put her to bed, and she vomited over everything, YUK we obviously wanted to wash the sheets etc, but had only a small washing machine and it was above the warden's - or should i say ogre's flat. so we were there washing the stuff very quietly, well you try tell ing a machine to work quietly, and then we had to tiptoe downstairs to hang

J

the stuff in the drying room without waking said person who had powers to lock us out, but that is another story. it must have been about 2a.m. when we had finished by which time said girl was fast asleep. We were all going round like zombies the next day, she was all sweetness and light and full of the joys of spring having received big bunch of flowers from boyfriend who had phoned to say he got the date wrong, and she never asked how her bedlinen had ended up in the laundry room