brain drain?

Does anyone else ever look at what they've written and think: 'oh dear that's all just far too complicated and demanding I can't possible muster the brain to deal with it, or the person who wrote that, today'

I have some energy today, so am tackiling a bit of re-drafting of a zero draft chapter half, but blimey it's taken me a couple of days to feel I have the brain power! It's my first chapter, maybe that's why.

Some days, my brain feels like it's running with a Ferrari engine - whatever I want it to do, it does. Some days, it feels like it's running on a Lada engine. With treacle in the petrol tank. Insofar as it's possible, I keep the intellectual reading and writing stuff for these days, and spend my brain-is-an-old-banger days in the lab, doing stuff which is a bit less demanding intellectually.

T

I can't remember the last time I had a high energy, brain working day :-(

Good luck with powering through that chapter Eska!

W

Happens to me all the time. I've been collecting and analysing data and have actually quite enjoyed it because it's just forms and button clicking. In my view, the really high end stuff is the actual writing. I've been putting it off with the excuse that I have to, erm, collect my data at all costs and then analyse it. However, I've nearly done this now and I have no excuses, barring death, to actually put it off any longer. I read through what I've done so far and feel as though I don't understand it any more. So, it looks like I'll have to get into the writing frame of mind again. For me, it's the skill I'm weakest at.

J

======= Date Modified 22 May 2010 07:34:36 =======
Really even i feel that as i am getting older, i am reducing my brains proportionally:P:P