Can I apply a second time for a Phd in the UK

C

======= Date Modified 01 May 2011 01:54:39 =======
Hi everybody!

Last Thursday I've had a phone interview for a PhD and it went bad. I haven't receive an answer yet (which I was told is going to be next week), but I have to be honest with myself and admit that I let the nerves get the best of me, and besides it was pointed out that the bibliography that I presented in my proposal was not enough...

I would like to ask some opinions about the possibility of applying again in a year or two, because I think that i would definitely be more prepared and I can correct the mistake I've made. But I'm not sure if applying again to the same university is a wise thing to do. I don't want to be consider pushy, stubborn or that I am some sort of obsessed with the university.

I really want to carry my research proposal which will allow me to take an important step in my career and it makes all sense to do it in the university that I applied for, since it really fits in the fields of research and where I could find the proper support for my research project.

So, what do you think? I don't know very well the academic system in the UK and this sort of situations may vary.

Thanks

C

Anyone??

A

I do not see why you cannot re apply.