Can't concentratre on anything

S

Haven't done anything on my research for about 3 weeks now - just can't concentrate!! Anyone else going through a summer dry spell?

S

weather-wise I took my thermometer outside today and measured temp. of over 30deg! record for our little part of the country is 30.8 (I actually managed to measure this, but don't trust thermometer enough to let the media know ) Not sure if it's affecting my work - my lab's still pretty cold.

H

Yes...brain drain...am holding out for thunderstorms on Thursday

D

Apparently its meant to be the hottest day in 100 years tomorrow! Hate it all, wish it would rain

W

I'm sticking to the chair! Maybe it's trying to keep me here till I finish?!

A

I'm still moving labs - been lugging boxes of papers and bubble-wrapped HPLCs for 3 weeks now! It's not nice in this heat but at least our stuff isn't getting rain damaged! It was 31oC when I left the lab at 7pm yesterday!!!

W

Thermometer in my office is reading 36C yuck yuck yuck.....im melting think I need urgent paddling pool and ice cream therapy!!

P

Pretty much as you have described Sixkitten. Its a nightmare. Everyday I start with the best intensions but seem to have the attension span of a goldfish and have lost the ability to read meaningfully for more than 10 minutes.

Please don't take this the wrong way - but I prefered Mia, classier I feel. Thats not to say you are not classy. I'm sure you are.

S

That told you then!

A

Put some reactions on and then thought it would be a wonderful idea to read some research papers outside. In about 2 hours read the first few lines of one abstract, so not good (Although I don't look so pasty anymore!)

P

Indeed. I thought I may upset the artist formally known as Mia fan club.
Its just that the obvious is not always the most becoming.

S

so rather than you are more then

S

or abbreviated to TAFKAM for short (which we all know is a word from the Karma Sutra)

A

The artist formerly known as Mia? Does this mean she's going to be represented by a funny symbol in the future?

A

Well if the Postgrad Forum team allow avatars that could be very interesting...