Career development loans

V

Bobby
[Registered User]
08 March 2007 19:38 You can only get them for very specific programmes, like postgrad. law medicine accountancy etc. You can't get them for general masters or PhDs

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong I got one for MSc medical and molecular microbiology. You got it mixed up with professional loans which unlike career development loans are not government based. You are eligible to apply if you got accepted to a legitimate postgraduate course. You can only use it to pay for 100% of the course fees if you're unemployed, otherwise it can go forwards 80% of the tuition. I'll have to start paying it 1 month after my course ends.

A

Thats brilliant,
But i am post graduate so i don't need this.

I also Impartial Advice and Help with your Debts from The Debt Clinic.

B

Whoops! Seems I was wrong on this one. Sorry about that. Maybe I shouldn't reply unless I've checked the facts. Actually, I not probably go to THAT much effort when people can check them themselves...

B.x

B

The Co-op bank is the best option: they offer loans at 12.9% but that is inclusive of the interest paid by government over the initial term of the loan; whereas the other banks do not include this (in effect the rate you repay changes to c.20%).

S

I went with the co-op too as they were just the nicest people to deal with. I bank with CrapWest and despite the fact that they are the same company Royal Bank of Scotland were rubbish with me...
And of course the Co-op is just a great bank to know where your money's going too...