Celebration Thread.

M

As AlgaeQueen suggested I've set out to do 1 task today, something achievable, and planned an appropriate reward. I've somehow finished my task already and about to enjoy my chocolate reward. I thought I'd invite anyone who has made any progress whatsoever on anything today or completed any task to join this positive celebration. Save the doom and gloom for the other threads :-)

W

We need to celebrate our success through the medium of song and dance:

My progress today, a little more than yesterday,
The ink in my pen is half wayyyyy.....
I'm writing away, my ink jet printer busy today,
I think things are going my wayyyyy.....

The day is half spent, but I've made a dent,
My workload is dissolving awayyyyy.....
It's only a Tuesday, I'm collecting data on Wednesday,
It'll be analysed and presented by Sundayyyyy....

So lets all be positive, push away the negative,
Keep all our stress at bayyyy......
It's only a PhD, not a nasty STD,
and soon it will be time for teaaaaaaa...

We'll have our doctorates, eating our chocolates,
Dancing and celebrating all dayyyyyy...
So lets all be thankful, avoid the doubtful,
And carry on working awayyyyyyy...

P

Hurray - celebrations!
Yes, doom and gloom for the other threads, but here - only joyful singing and dancing (a la walminski) allowed..
We soon will all be finished, today's task, tomorrow's task - and then the whole PhD!(up)

A

lol, it's only a phd not a nasty STD.....literary genius!!
I shall also celebrate, as not only did I finish the genetics bit, I finished the whole chapter! one last task, have a read and see what I can take out as it's 10,546 words long...when I mentioned this to my supervisor his poor face just fell and he's now dreading the thought of having to read through it all! He did tell me to not 'go off on one of my tangents' (as I'm liable to do :-)) but I do think I've been very good and kept it mostly factual with none of my otherworldly rambling...not so good to do n the sciences you see! :p

congrats to you mathkitty!!

S

A nice cheery thread, what fun :-) Lol at the STDs, although the PhD could be likened to a nasty itch that just won't go away :p

Hmmm, I've not done much today, I did analyse some data that needed doing, but also had to travel to campus to meet with my supervisor - it went well, although my thesis is changing direction methodologically - again... sigh.... but tomorrow is another day - I got a task done, had a big meeting, have a new plan, so yes, I should be happy. One day and one small step at a time and then we'll all be geniuses (or at least we can pretend to be!!!)

S

:-) :-) :-) (up) satchi

======= Date Modified 09 Mar 2010 20:43:25 =======
Hey, great idea Mathkitty! The gyno thread is making me feel pretty nauseous, so a welcome relief...

Today I completed my meticulous consumption of half a tub of Ben and Jerry's 'fairly nuts' ice-cream. I also gained a whopping load of gold stars from my head of department at one of my teaching universities: I have a first year student who is producing PhD level work, and her degree is not even in an academic subject, she is a fashion UG! At fist she was a lippy demanding attitudinal nightmare, but, as my big boss says, I tamed her as if she were a wild horse, and now she eats out of my hand and wins the national (no horrific fences, mind). 

M

Actually completed a task again today - hooray! It's a piece I've been avoiding writing because it's tricky and I had to get a book from my uni desk 2hrs away. All done now though. Now for an appropriate reward. 10 mins looking at cute things online I think :$

W

Two tasks completed today: Finished the second iteration of my questionnaire (it looks miles better than the first following the expert review) and have finished my presentation for the lecture I have. :-)