Censorship is rife on this forum

H

Quote From andyp:

We realise it's not a perfect system, but our users are clever enough to use Google...

Ha ha haa!:-)

You would think, wouldn't you? Have you seen some of the threads that end up on here?

surely by mentioning google you have broken your own rules - shame on you! ;-)

damn that pesky Google :$

A

Quote From andyp:

We'll leave you to the advertising debate, but I'm afraid those are the rules we've chosen to stick by and we make no secret of it.  We realise it's not a perfect system, but our users are clever enough to use Google and find our competitors themselves.  The good people at jobs.ac would be offended at the insinuation that they don't make a profit.

PamW - Sorry that your thread disappeared as it did contain some interesting replies.  I'm afraid the rather bizarre flame war of personal insults that ensued from it overnight between some of the people who replied left us with little choice but to remove the entire thread to prevent it from starting again.  We should have sent you a PM to explain why - this was an oversight on our part.

Aberdeenangus - Your message was removed because we felt it was unnecessarily inflammatory.  You could have made your points in a less blunt way and you are still free to post to thread concerned.  It is a matter of tone.

We aim to keep discussion on the forum polite, informative and constructive.  This is a fine balance and we don't always get it right. There are plenty of places on the internet where you can express your views in as strong terms as you wish, but this site isn't one of them.

I agree its a fine balance but I feel you have set the bar way too low for your audience.
However it is your site, and I respect your right to set the bar wherever you like.
Afraid its not for me though so i'll take my leave.

S

This forum is the property of the company (Science Registry Ltd). Writing on this forum is like writing on the walls of someone's house; if the owner wants to wipe something off the wall they can!

D

Quote From SuperGenius:

This forum is the property of the company (Science Registry Ltd). Writing on this forum is like writing on the walls of someone's house; if the owner wants to wipe something off the wall they can!

Haha, well said 8-)

A

Quote From SuperGenius:

You let people write on the walls of your house! I'd be really angry if someone did that

H

I'm drawing Kilroy's all over the side of it now... :p

J

Ha ha! Hypothesis you do make me laugh; draw one for me too! ;-)

what is google?