Changing PhD program?

A

I am the first year PhD student. Because, I am totally unsatisfied with this PhD program and my potential supervisor, I would like to go somewhere abroad. Can you tell me what are you thinking about that? How my future PhD institution will look on that? And do I need to mention my situation in my statement of purpose? They need to know where I was this year and what I was doing, but I have not nothing good to say for this year.

A

======= Date Modified 16 Aug 2011 09:00:46 =======
Ok, I didn`t explain everything. I need to be self-funded student, and I don`t have enough money to pay that. When I put on paper all costs I am in minus. That is one big reason why I am unsatisfied. After that is everything what I wrote up. Please help me, give me some suggestion.

C

I'm not sure how far into your PhD you are, or if you're current PhD is in the UK, but if you have been looking for other opportunities abroad and think you may get funding there you can always apply for it. You will need to mention what you have been doing this year, as long as you can give a good explanation of why you are leaving your current PhD it should be ok.

Apart from that I don't know anything about PhD's out of the UK.

Hope that helps a little.

A

It helps me, thank you. I am not from the UK, I am from Serbia. If you are inform about some good PhD position in Mechanical engineering, about renewable energy or fluids (in UK or Swiss, Germany), please tell me.