Changing Supervisor During Revise and Resubmit?

E

Okay, here's a question: has anyone ever heard of a PhD student changing their supervisor during revise and resubmit? Would it be just the worst idea ever? My problem is that the crushing antipathy of both my first and second has taken a turn for the sinister now as I've done some research on an instruction that the second issued recently (very insistently, but it didn't ring true for me and he refused to acknowledge my follow-up questions via email) and discovered that not only is it completely counter to university policy, but it would quite likely have resulted in my thesis FAILING the resubmission. I'm kind of stunned here. The first is not a whole heap better and I've completely lost all faith and trust in the pair of them. To reiterate: he INSISTED that I follow this course of action, and I'm just glad I followed my instincts and sought clarification elsewhere. I'm waiting for the Head of Faculty to get back to me for a meeting (he's pretty worried about the situation) but I'd love to know - what would you guys do? I feel kind of sick every time I think about this...