chapter due in 14 days

C

Chapter due in 14 days. Must type, must type.

Enacting a written plan (at least I have a written plan this time!) is always tricky. I just get caught up in the wording rather than actually getting a word count! :-)

W

Good luck Chrisrolinkski - I'm sure you'll get there though!

J

Goood luuuuck!

Am coming to the end of my first one... Is this your first?

J x

P

Good luck. I can sympathise - I have one due then, too.

S

My first chapter is due May 30th - so 10 days. I have a humungous load of revision supervisions to give next week that will take a ton of prep - so I am not too hopeful. But it feels demoralising to be late with the very first chapter - how will I get the others done on time....? Let's see if we can both manage it.

S

Smilodon, I just did my last revision class today, did 8 of them recently, on about 14 different topics. I found prep time actually to be quite minimal. The key strategy was: It's them who have to learn the stuff, not me. Make them come to the revision session "having already started revision". Then what I did was: Give them 2-3 questions similar to possible exam questions. Have them choose one. Have them devise an answer plan within 15 minutes. Then have them discuss their plan with their neighbour. Then have the pairs present their combined/revised plan to the class. Have other students comment on it. And times up.
I hope you can find a similarly effortless way to conduct your revision classes!
I did variations on the theme by having them devise a "possible conclusion" or "possible introduction" instead of an answer plan.

S

I've already set 6 essay topics for plans. I like the 'talk to each other' option! Some are writing timed essays and want marking - groan. And, alas, the tradition here is to give notes on all essays set - which means 6 sets of notes from me on 6 topics some of which will need a lot of prep as they are not near to me. It's the blasted notes that take all the time.

B

I too have a chapter due on 30th May... a popular day for deadlines. This is chapter two and my last one was late so trying to get it in on time!

E

I have to have a draft of my 1st Chapter done by the end of June and I have a full time job. Eek!

C

Wow - so many chapters due!!!!!

Good luck!

C

Musy type, type, type.

Heres hoping the reprographics work! I need my images!

C

First chapter. Precious ideas - to be torn apart a week after submission!

J

Chris, you're in for an allnighter?

C

My entire life until the 2nd of June will be one long night!

C

Well today was all about thinking about how to kick start the chapter with a punch. Lets say it involves a story about a kangaroo!