Chapter Length(s)

P

Hi y'all :)

I write this in complete awareness of how variable the answer could be. But I was wondering if those of us in the social sciences could chip in with a note on how long (roughly) their chapters will be in the final document. for the moment, and again knowing well that the structure of individual theses may well differ, but what is/was the length o your lit review chapters? and how many lit review chapters did/do you have/intend to have. I recently read a thesis with two of them so was wondering if this is usual....and also, how long is your conceptual/framework chapter/chapter target?

Thanks guys!

T

Hi Phdbug,
I'm social sciences, and my chapters are averaging about 12,000 words. One is 14,000, one 11,000...mostly around 12,000 though. I have 8 chapters and although I haven't finished them yet, expect intro and conclusion chapters to be shorter. Have done lit. reviews in a few chapters, but it will mainly go in the introduction.
Not a very detailed answer, but I hope that helps!

Z

My lit review, conceptual framework, methodology and discussion chapters were each 10,000 words, and my 3 findings chapters were each 13,000 words, making a total of 80,000 words, if that helps?