chapter writing....annoying people who cit sources first

C

The chapter is going okay. Though I've found two annoying people who have cited sources which I thought I was the first to do -how annoying! Anyway - at least in writing the chapter I'm realising what my contribution (however modest) is... At least countering other people makes my arguement more refined..

Anybody else on their first chapter?

C

Sorry "cite". Cit is a most unpleasant eighteenth century colloquial term *blush*

P

Chris i was in a museum gift shop the other day & i saw these cool cardboard animal skeleton thingies, sort of put together 3D kit & I thought of you!

C

I used to love those! I used to sometimes paint them. Or eat them (long story). I also remember the Natural History Museum endorsed dinosaur models I had - which although "more authentic" were slightly less exciting than the Jurassic Park ones, with their moveable parts, rangers with guns and what not...

B

Hi chrisolinski

Your post did make me smile. Don't worry about who cited what before you - what does it matter - that's what citation is about - it's what you make of the cites that matters. Cited material is about framing your ideas... look these people say this, that's interesting... this is what I have to add... more interesting. *chuckle* Argument is all, believe me.

D

I thought you meant you wanted help to annoy people who had cited first

But def. echo the others its not about who cites what its about the context and conclusions you draw....but I do agree its horrible when you come across something you thought you had nailed first!!!

S

i am of course now burning to hear the long story about you eating dinosaurs

C

I used to eat lego, dinosaurs, pencil lead. Anything. Even the plastic which used to surround sherbet sticks. No wonder I needed to wear braces!