Checking the alignment of the sun, moon and stars...

S

At over 40, you start to think about whether the there is enough rain for the garden and sun to ripen the tomatoes....

H

I live 30 miles from work - my weather decision hangs on the celestial declination of Orion's Belt, the onset of Alpha Centauri B perihelion and, most important, whether or not the pigeon outside my flat window is facing left or right as to if I wear summer or pelting rain clothes to work.

J

I love the weather Not really up north though, it is always cloudy... I like southern english weather aye. I don't like non-English people complaining about the weather, for some insane reason I get quite defensive.

!

J

complaining directly to me that is, not in general. Am not sat here being defensive and angry. !!!

B

Speaking of which... if two magpies are living outside my flat can they keep jinxing me when they show up individually? I waste so much time de-jinxing myself (...the fate of my PhD, I expect) by waiting for the other one to turn up.

J

Hmm well I used to say a rhyme every time I saw a magpie on their own to de jinx myself and it got rather tiresome so I befriended them instead. I still have to mutter my rhyme when I see one anywhere else though.

Depends how superstitious/prone to OCD tendencies one is I suppose!!

J

(I have two magpies in my garden too. I forgot to explain that similarity...)

T

I don't know what you're complaining about - it's been a beautiful July so far, all sun and today a nice, light breeze. I'm coming back to the UK at the weekend, I'll try and bring it with me.

H

I hate you, tortellini

J

Bad tortellini!

It was beautiful weather last night, so waaaaaarm. And today it rains.

Great.

C

I blame my second chapter hell on mercury.

C

it's beutifully sunny on the south coast today.
Can't be too smug though cos I'm stuck inside

H

Fed up with rubbish English weather? Soaked through from quintessential English rain? HELP IS AT HAND!!!
With my NEW, IMPROVED Silky Sunshine Process (TM) you too can have the FABULOUS all over orange glow associated with healthy tans and nuclear fall-out.
YOU WILL BE THE ENVY OF YOUR FRIENDS!
Just send me £150 (US$4,000,000) and I will tell you how to get that healthy glow in just 2days, that's right, TWO DAYS - just sitting in front of your oven holding a torch.
BUY TODAY FOR A FREE GIFT OF BAT GUANO SUNCREAM!