christmas - how many days off>?

J

Hi,

I was just wondering how much time everyone is taking off over christmas? I am funded by BBSRC but I am still not clear how many days holiday I am allowed. I don't want to take too much time off as I feel it may look bad but I love christmas and I would prefer to take my holidays around this time of year. What are everyones thoughts?

J

Hi Neil
Did you take two wks off at christmas when you were in your first year? Is your supervisor ok with it?

S

I get four weeks holiday a year and have been specifically told by my supervisor to take it all and when i want to. I thought this was normal but maybe it's not?! But then my supervisor is a laid back sort who is keen to promote efficency rather than put in wasted hours! I still find my self following dead ends sometimes tho :(

J

That sounds really good at least you know where you stand. My supervisor has not mentioned holidays at all.

Z

I'm taking 3 weeks off because all my sampling has to be done through spring and summer so there won't be any chance to have any holidays then.