coming to the end

You know, I was very much in trouble this time last year and shared many posts here with all you good people. At the time, I was seriously about to leave PhD, which was out of control. Reading about viva and thesis stories, it was just something of a dream for me.

well, i dug in and somehow produced a thesis a few months ago. viva has been delayed for sometime in the next few weeks and now looking back I cant believe how close I am now to finishing, its been a really tough road.

Im still v v nervous about my viva. mainly because of all the hardhip i have endured to get here today. It is easy to imagine things going wrong and refusing to accept that , finallly, im about to leave. it is very sad.

i thought id just drop this post, to tell people that just stay low and do the work, and hopefully you will come out the otherside stronger.

L

Hi 5DMk2

I'm happy to hear that things are getting well with you and you managed to come to the other side in the end. May I know, did you use other user name before? I tried to find your previous posts on you "seriously about to leave PhD" but couldn't. I am also at a very low point at the moment and very close to quitting. Perhaps your previous posts may inspire me a bit. Thanks.

I wish you'll pass you viva with flying colours:-)

Hey,

Yes indeed I did use another name. Unfortunately I had to delete all my posts because I think some other people in my dept knew about it and I didnt want things to get out if you know what I mean. Pity. More so that the forum has then suspended my account because I deleted the posts. Oh well, so I had to create another one.

All I say is...keep going. I had huge problems in my PhD. First few yrs not working, wrong projects, supervisor tried to throw me out of the PhD over the past couple of years. Lets just say I had a very destructive supervisor to say the least. He not only din not help me, but critised my work because it contaddicted with his work. ( not my fault research is like that ). So it was touch every step of the way to convince him that the results are what they are and fuck did he tried to lie about his results, hide his results and competel dishonest about it all. I spent more time fighting against him than doing research. It was shittest thing ever....

so keep going, we are all here to support each other. dont quit. I took more years than you can count on one hand. And my viva is next week. so Im almost there. There are other people suffering, taking mroe time than I have. Remember its not you, just other people, or just life in general. we all share hardship. but it makes us stronger.

L

Congratulations 5DMk2!!!

Thanks... you really inspire me.