Communal Confessions

P

oh sneaks!! I shan't ask what your mum in law said to that ;-) very funnY!

he, he, he! And she sends the cleaner round when you're working...

S

So, in all, every story on this thread is leaving me a little upset and I'm not reading it here on..

How could me damaging a car leave you upset? You need to lighten up a bit!

K

Ok, here's mine!

When I was about 16 I was in an amateur dramatics society and one year we did Fiddler on the Roof. I went into the changing room one night and a lady whom I'd always known as having hair was stood in front on the mirror putting her make-up on, completely bald. A lot of people wore wigs in the play, so not having my contact lenses in and being a bright spark, I put two and two together and decided she must be wearing some kind of pre-wig, which covered her hair. And of course, walking past her I breezily called out 'Hi- love the bald head!' or something similiar. She just laughed, but all my friends were shocked.Turns out she has alopecia and I was the only person who didn't know :$:-(
At the time I was mortified and wanted to crawl under a rock, but as the years go by I'm starting to see the funny side...this thread is a good place to release my demons!

P

Quote From Sue2604:

So, in all, every story on this thread is leaving me a little upset and I'm not reading it here on..

How could me damaging a car leave you upset? You need to lighten up a bit!

Obviously damaging a car wasn't included in the term "every story", I had absolutely no idea that "every story" would be interpreted so literally. My post was clearly speaking of death and stories about death. Despite that if it conveyed that I was including damaging a car, simple because of the two words "every story", I have little to say.

I was genuinely upset about the pet deaths and was not finding it funny, I expressed that citing my grandpa's loss, and my pets and my grandma. I also said it's my personal experience.

That doesn't mean I need to "lighten up". You did see my response to Sneaks didn't you?

Keep calm, that's hilarious! I love this thread.