Completing your dissertation

K

I just defended my dissertation yesterday. I would like to offer support to those who are currently working on a dissertation or those who are about to start. Dr. Ellis

A

Many congratulations Dr. Ellis, inspiration for the rest of us still slogging away :-)

K

I would be happy to help in anyway I can. Currently, getting the document prepared for publication and I have everything done except for getting the page numbers in the document correctly. No matter what I have tried I just cannot seem to get it right. eek

H

Congratulations!:-)

Can't wait to be at your position.
Would u mind to share some phd-related words of wisdom with us?
Are you in social science?

Thanks.:-)

W

Congrads!

K

My PhD is in General Psychology, with a specialization in Addiction Psychology. Advice? In terms of the dissertation (which indeed is the most important thing you will need help with), it will never go as smooth as you think. It is best to settle into the dance you have with your chair/mentor early on, understanding always that he or she is leading. You will learn the pace, and other important details of the relatioship by the time your proposal is accepted by your committee and you begin your data collection. At this point, you should have well accepted how your chair/mentor wants the project to go. Follow the lead, do what your told, fruitless to argue.....That's my advice for now....Dr. Ellis