Conditional Offer

P

Hello everyone,

I have two questions to ask as I am not a British student and therefore not familiar with the British academic system.

I applied for a taught master's in several British Universities and I have received two conditional offers so far.
One offer is one of the best uni I could hope for this particular master's, but they ask for a Licence 10.8 -I'm not sure but I think it is the equivalent of a 2:2, isn't it? I don't think I'm good enough to have my licence with this grade, even if I won't be too far from it. So my first question is: Would they accept me with only 66% (my average so far...)?

I have received a second conditional offer from a less prestigious uni asking the same thing: they want me to have a Lower Second-Class Honours. Here is my second question: Can I tell them one of the best uni of Europe in the field I am studying (and that's a fact) asked me the same mark and if I ever make it, I will, of course, choose the first one, so could they reconsider their... err... "degree acceptance"? Or would that be very rude to ask them?

I hope I was clear enough to mean what I wanted to say! :-) If not, please ask and I will answer your question(s)!

Thank you very much for your help.

C

I have no idea what a Licence 10.8 is, but a 66% is an upper second (2:1) so your grades sound acceptable for both.

Here is how the percentages work into grades in the UK
70% or more = a 1st
60 - 70% = a 2:1
50 - 60% = a 2:2
40 - 50% = a 3rd
under 40% = a fail