Conference Acceptance / Rejection

A

This may seem an add question but is there any order in which conference send out acceptance / rejection emails?

Do they send out acceptance ones first, and then rejections - or is it in the order of submission? Is it just random - depending on the organiser?

A

I meant to say 'odd' not 'add'.

C

I do not know but I don't see what the relevance of their order of sending their acceptance or rejection letters has. Could you perhaps explain your concern?

S

Sounds like Away knows someone else who has been accepted (or rejected) for a conference, but hasn't heard anything themselves? Now trying to suss out the procedure. Do you mean acceptance of an abstract for a poster/talk? I would have thought it unlikely that an abstract for a poster for example would ever? be rejected...unless the conference is really prestigious.

A

No concern really. I am just (impatiently!) waiting for my notification. There is a three day period of notification, either it takes them a long time to send some emails out, or they send them in some sort of order, day by day.

Primarily I am just impatient and want to know what the result is!

C

How long has it been? Has it exceeded the three days?

I'm not sure what you can do really, apart from giving them a call or excercising a bit more patience.

A

I think patience is the key...

C

I agree

A

... And it was.

My paper was accepted.