Conference Funding

J

Hi there,

Just a quick question to ask if anyone knew of places to apply for funding for a conference (psychology)?

Thank you loads and loads

S

hi Jemma
first port of call is (of course) your supervisor if he has funding to support you.
next google "travel funding" should come up with something.
have you checked Psychology societies? Look at their websites and see. Some associations do provide funding but you have to be a member.
Also if you are applying to a conference, sometimes they have Student/Scholar Awards; you can also apply for funding like this.

best wishes satchi

J

Hi Satchi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried to google research funding but haven't really seen to many for postgrad conferences. There are a few general sources but I have tried them in previous years. If you can think of any specifics of the top of your head, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

M

I know that both my department and the university graduate office willing provide funding (budget permitted) to presenting students once year.. #

Claire

J

Hi there Miss Geography,

Thank you for the reply, and yeah I guess I can get some of it from the department. But I guess I am looking for sources outwith as I will be attending more than I overseas conference this year.

Any help most welcolme