Conference/travel refunds

T

I have been accepted for a poster presentation at a conference in a few months' time. I really hope that I can make it but at the moment I am not feeling too good and I am worried about forking out several hundred pounds on accommodation, travel and conference fees. Will conferences refund fees if you can't go? Also can I get travel insurance to cover (train) fares if I have to cancel? Thanks.

M

All conferences are different, most don't refund fees if you cancel at the last minute. I'm not sure about travel insurance for train fares (it may cover you if you are ill), some tickets are refundable.

Ask yourself if this poster presentation is really worth the cost and the hassle?

S

I'd plan on going - it's a few months away, after all. Some conferences do refund fees - it should be spelt out somewhere on the registration page.

S

How pregnant will you be then? You may well feel much better if you are say 4-8 months along. I went to a conference when I was 6 months and I certainly felt a lot better than I had up to 3-4 months when I had been feeling really sick and tired.

T

I'll be 4 1/2 months but this twin thing has really thrown me - at the moment I feel horrible and can't imagine ever feeling fine again. :-(