Corrections - how long did it take for examiners?

K

Hi all.

I am all but finished on my corrections now, am just waiting on some comments on the final bit from my supervisor. Once I have resubmitted, how long does it normally take for the examiners to review the corrections and get back to you? I realise this depends on the corrections and the examiners, but if anyone has any experiences they could share to give me an idea that would be really helpful. Mine were not minor, but not major, and really there were only four required corrections which included rewriting various secions, but lots of suggestions which i have also tried to incorporate. I have written a detaile dletter outlining what i have done so that should help.
I would love to hear your experiences.

Thanks

D

Mmmmm, not sure how long it should take but my final corrected thesis was submitted in last monday (25th July) and I have not heard a thing! I guess the staff will be on summer leave so whether they get the whole summer or just bits of it may have a huge influence on timings. So it seems we are in the same situation!

B

It took two months, but included an apology that this was too long, and the internal's view that this was way beyond what the examiners had asked for and he was delighted! The detailed letter helps.

K

Well I have resubmitted, now for the wait! I assume the examiners will be on holiday for most of August and the beginning of September so I don't think I will hear anything before I go on holiday on the 18th. You never know, I might have a nice surprise (or a horrible one) waiting for me when I get home!