cotton undergloves.... help anyone!

S

an odd topic but PhD related for me...! but does anyone know where i could purchase cotton undergloves to wear underneath lab gloves as i seem to have developed an allergy but struggling to find any websites that sell these ...!!

K

Do your lab not have those nitrile gloves? (they are usually purple or blue) If you're allergic to latex those should be better for you

M

If you mean the sort than fance women can wear in bed when they have their fancy handcream on, try boots - they're about a quid or two a pair. Failing that, larger branches of superdrug might have them.

S

i use nitrile ones but doc says seem to have developed an allergy to those !!

M

What about vinyl gloves? We used to have them, although I hated them as the feel like you're wearing balloons on your hands, and they're very squeaky.

T

There is a guy in my lab who has an allergy to latex and nitrile gloves.. He uses chloroprene gloves and they seem to work well for him.

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/search/ProductDetail?ProdNo=Z536415&Brand=ALDRICH

S

o ok thanks i will have a look.. dont want scary rash forever...!

A

Think I used to get the cotton liners from the big lab supplies catalogues, like sigma/aldrich or BDH.

though if you can find a glove that doesnt bring you up in a rash you'll probably find that easier to work in.