Could this be it?! Am I near the end??!

N

I have returned from a meeting with my supervisor with a detailed timetable for handing in before the dawning of 2011.... He was totally confident that I have more than enough time and that all the groundwork is there - as he says, there's a PhD there - I just need to finish it!! Believe it or not, I'm a bit confused as to how to feel. I'm delighted that there is a definite timescale in place now, with clear targets. However, I'm blinking petrified that the drafts I complete now may not, for some reason or other, hit the mark (we've all had those moments!!) Blinking excited though - a normal life may just be lurking ahead....!! Anyone in a similar position?? All motivators welcome!!!

F

How excitine for you! I am in exactly the same position. Have met with my sups and have a time line to submit before Christmas 2010 (so that I can have a nice break over Christmas/NYE).
Hopefully we can motivate each other
:-)

W

Yippee, needtofinish! You must feel great that you're so close to the finish line. I'd just like to say that time flies, it really does, so you'll be done by in a flash! If all the pieces are in place, then it should be plain sailing. I'm in a similar position to you, but my writing is going a bit crap. I don't seem to be able to write decent sentences of late. I have about 3 chapters left to do and a heck of a lot of corrections. But everyday I do some work, so we'll see. Well done and good luck!

N

Fm and Wal... Great to hear that others are in a similar position. Excited and nervous all at the one time. Wal...don't panic - the sentences will come. My sup always tells me that it you continue to write something every day then that 'breakthrough' day will come and turn things around! I am a bit nervous about the months ahead though. I have been in a similar position with the same sup before - timetable etc, only to have everything pulled last minute and back to square one - I really, really don't want that to happen this time. It IS going in!!!!! We can do it folks!!:-)