Countdown to final draft - Last month of writing-up.

J

am smiling through my discussion chapter. love it! has to be the best chapter of the thesis. :-) who would have thought? cup of tea then back to it. sigh.

J

30 pages to proofread and references. woo hoo!!!!

J

9 pages to go. sigh.. hope i can finish this part tonight.

J

posted on other thread by mistake - obviously a bit disorientated. lol.

done proofreading and formatting!!!!! yipee!!!!

now a quick check of definitions and then tomorrow brush up those references and do final bibliography. never been more relieved! submitting to supervisor this week is looking feasible.

Lesson: you will get there eventually, if you don't give up. no matter what challenges come your way. press on. as long as you press on, you have a chance of getting there.

quick tea break before checking definitions!:-)

J

clocking in.... spend the day at the doctors. on antibiotics now. feeling a bit sick. wish i could just sleep........... but need to get on with referencing and get this behind me. hope i can make decent progress tonight.

J

clocking in... :) happier and feeling better today. hopefully can get some references done.

J

am so tired of being ill... yesterday i managed a bit. but not as much as i'd have wanted. am so near finishing, yet so far. sometimes am so tempted to give it all up and sleep!!

but i have to try to be sensible and keep going. the antibiotics am taking are making me really ill and everything feels like such an effort.

positive thinking.. i keep saying try to think positively.. sigh. :-(

J

first 100 footnotes done and dusted! pleased..

decided to just get on with it.

J

done with footnotes about 800 hundred! yay! am happy now. the rest should go quickly.

what's remaining is: Updating Lists, Acronymns, Word count, Appendices and Bibliography. Also a quick run thro page breaks. I'm hopeful that I could finish tonight! :-)

B

Good luck Jojo!

J

thanks Bilbo!

I have finally just submitted my work to my supervisor for final approval! woohoo!

It's been a trying experience with the illness and all... but to anyone who's writing up, all i can say is hang in there.. through it all.. you will see the other side if you don't give up. the trick is to keep going. every step you take is a step closer to the finish line.

All the best everyone and many thanks for checking my diary. That kept me on my toes.

Off for a treat and then some good rest. I'll concentrate on my health this week. :-)

W

Congratulations,Jojo. How I envy you getting so close to the end.

J

thanks walmin! :-) you'll get there.. (up)

J

Yipee!!!! I have got the go-ahead to submit!!! a week after my official deadline which the school says i should not worry about but have almost fallen sick over. :-( supervisor is content with all corrections!!! am so tempted to read it again overnight for typos.. but I will refrain from doing so and acknowledge the fact that it will never be perfect.

Just so happy! its been such a long road to getting here. 5 good years.. restarting after 3 years.. i never thought this day would come. Will submit and wait for the viva..

Wow.. still can't believe it! I start viva prep on Thursday.. taking no chances. I've already had two weeks off.. plan to prepare by doing publications and then will formally prepare when I get notified of the date. Fingers crossed its soon..... before I forget this stuff. Yipee!!!

I'm over the moon.. :-)

B

Great news! Really pleased for you Jojo :)