Cover letter

M

Hi,
I'm a french student and I'd like to have help about my cover letter please !
Thanks

Dear Sir or Madam

I apply for the Master 2 program of Fluid Mechanics at the Ecole Polytechnique and the Pierre et Marie Curie University.

During the three years I have spent in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Ecole Normale Supérieure of Cachan, I studied many fields of mechanics, among which there was fluid mechanics. It quickely became one of my principal interest. It is a wide science with many different activity fields, and it is this diversity that attracted me. Therefore, working in fluid mechanics would be a self-fulfillment.

Thanks to the formation given by the Ecole Normale Supérieure of Cachan I have strengthened my knowledges about fundamental sciences. It has led me to have solid basis in fluid mechanics. With a view to building an international career as a researcher, I have developped my english level in order to be able to communicate fluently with english-speaking scentists.

The reputation of the Ecole Polytechnique makes the master of fluid mechnics as a real opportunity to reach my target. Indeed it would allow me to attend to high-level courses in a prominent university.

Enclosed is my curriculum vitae.

I look forward to hearing from you and I thank you for considering my application. Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

R

Hi, I think your cover letter looks good, I might advise changing your opening line to:

"I am writing to apply for the Master 2 program of Fluid Mechanics..."

Anyone else want to offer advice?

S

======= Date Modified 19 Jun 2012 11:37:21 =======
Hi mmael,

I've had a quick go for you, the structure and content of the letter was good, I just felt it needed a few tweaks here and there!

Quote From mmael:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to apply for the Master 2 program of Fluid Mechanics at the Ecole Polytechnique and the Pierre et Marie Curie University.

During the three years I have spent in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Ecole Normale Supérieure of Cachan, my studies covered many fields, including fluid mechanics. It quickly became one of my principal interests. It is a wide science with many different activity fields, and it is this diversity that attracted me. Therefore, I would find working in fluid mechanics very fulfilling.

Through my work at the Ecole Normale Supérieure of Cachan I have strengthened my knowledge in the fundamental sciences, and now have a solid basis in fluid mechanics. With a view to building an international career as a researcher, I have developed my level of English in order to be able to communicate fluently with English-speaking scientists.

The reputation of the Ecole Polytechnique makes the Masters in Fluid Mechanics a real opportunity to enable me to reach my targets, and would allow me to attend high-level courses in a prominent university.

Please find enclosed my curriculum vitae.

I look forward to hearing from you and I thank you for considering my application. Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,