Cover letters for postdoctoral position

S

Hello,
Does any one has a sample cover letter in the Biomedical Sceinces? I would really appreciate it. If not do you have any suggestions of a good website for postdocs? or tips on how to write a good cover letter, and find a post doc job.

thanks, :$

S

Hello Someone3,

Come on! Be simple and honest. Say what expertise you have, what you bring to the table with all your experience. How does the current post "fascinates" you. you letter should reflect that you are eager and would do justice to the job!

All the best!

S

======= Date Modified 05 Nov 2009 12:35:13 =======
Hello Sherlockholmes,

thanks for the reply, but am not from England and it is the first time I actually have to apply for a job, we have completely different system back home. when I read job related websites I felt intimidated and thought it would be nice to see a good example of cover letters!!!

But your advice make sense, I will write one soon.

S

hello sherlockholmes,
i voted for you as a helpful user, your advice was the enough to send the letter actually, i needed that,
thanks

W

Try this Someone3: http://www.virginia.edu/vpr/postdoc/docs/CVCoverLetters.pdf

It's a very nice presentation that tells you exactly how to set you CV out and target and construct a cover letter (paragraph by paragraph) for a post-doc position. Hope it is helpful.