Are you gay per chance??

J

Lol! where did that question come from?

H

Is it due to his obsession with choc?

D

Chocolate is your best friend!!

H

Sorry DanB, that was my fault, I never thought u were gay but just assumed that's why Zara brought it up. I know lots of "straight" guys that like choc more than some gals :)

Happy munching.

A

Reminds me of a friend of mine back as an undergrad. He started living with four girls and one evening I popped round to see him to find him sat in his room drinking red wine with a large bar of Dairy Milk and watching Love Actually. At this point I decided to drag him down the pub. (Although I have nothing against chocolate - it's benn a great comfort in a PhD crisis)

A

Well, its not that unusuall a question, no? The girls in my lab decided that I need a boyfriend and then we went through all the men in our building- 8 that's right eight were gay and only two single! Bloody hell! Talk about givin' me a break. Then they decided to hook me up to the new spanish guy working downstairs- guess what- also gay. Just took him 2 weeks to get use to us and was then showing around piccies of his friands in drag! Oh, by the way- still haven't got a boyfriend.

D

Insecurity lurks!! Must be the pheromones!! ;)

A

Originally from Southampton but currently studying in Nottingham (great place, despite the negative media perspective including that rubbish 10 worst places to live which was on Channel 4 a few months ago)

I know this seems strange raising a very old thread (and how I dragged this from the memory banks I'll never know), however, I just noticed there's two very similar usernames registered on this forum. There's a 'DanB' (without a full stop) who's straight and a 'DanB.' (with a full stop) who's gay.

It's just I answered a post the other day where 'DanB.' (with the full stop) already has his PhD, but has a boyfriend who's writing up (and is asking boyfriend to get a job). There was the 'DanB' (without a full stop) who at the time of the below had a girlfriend. My distant memory of the latter had me scratching my head (was it the same person and had he come out). I guess this is the danger of very similar usernames. :-)

Anyway, mystery solved (I hope).

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)