Dear PostGradForum Team

H

Please, please, please, please, please can you unban DanB. The forum has become VERY boring without him and he has apologised and said he wont do it again?

Yours faithfully (I only use Sheffield forum now and again)

H

D

I think DanB likes being banned, cos it means he gets to concentrate on his PhD. Although, I would like to see his return too

G

Bit selfish there H. I too was under the impression he asked to be banned as it was interfering with his studies. Was that not the case? Of course I might be confusing him with mini-DanB.

H

Well he has emailed the team asking to be unbanned.

They seem a little slow in responding or they just don't want him back?

H

Actually they have replied.

Watch this space.

H

Couldn't DanB just come back as new user - dannyb perhaps?

A

Presumably the Team have blocked his IP address(es) so that it's not quite so simple as a user name change

D

Why is he banned if you don't mind me asking (I'm new).

H

I'm not sure either. I've been away for a couple of weeks, so missed all the gossip!

G

His constant asking to be banned [and was it ever constant] resulted in him being banned.

H

Oh right... so what's the problem then?

H

At least that means no more dragging up of old posts - that really annoyed me!

P

H, I think it is a little disrespectful to your fellow posters and all those people who have posted lots of kind and helpful advice to say that the forum is now 'boring'.

P

It kind of implies that they are "very boring".

P

LOL @ MistaG.
No getting your kicks trying to pick fights on a forum is not boring in the least I imagine. It really gives the impression that you are well rounded & dynamic, with a good firm grip on reality.