definition of home/overseas

G

For the purpose of application for PhD studentship/sponsorship, how is a 'home' student defined?

G

Im from Europe and i´ve applied for a MRes in UK. I've been considered to be "home" concerning the amount of fees to be paid. If i was from any ohter place out of Europe i would be considered as an oversea student

For the purposes of course fees a home student is a student from the EU (incl UK). International students pay higher fees.

For the purpose of most studentships a home student is a UK student and receives a living expenses grant and has course fees paid. Other EU students have course fees paid, but receive no living expenses grant.

G

How about international students who have studied full time in the UK for at least 3 years?

G

please give me some information of oversea students funding

G

I am over 35 years old,may I have chance to apply any scholarship for the PhD.

G

Any funding opportunities for international student already doing a Phd?

G

Question: Are students that have been studying in the UK for over 5years still classed as international students. I'll really appriciate a reply as soon as pos.

I'm affraid not. Unless you have UK resident status or have been in the UK for three or more years for reasons other than full time education you will not qualify for a standard UK research council grant. Time spent in full time education does not qualify towards residency.

If you are still not sure whether you qualify write to the research council concerned.