Demotivation and Timelag: How Can one overcome and have a go?

A

Dear friends,

I am a second year PhD student in a 3-year PhD student. I started as the first PhD student of my supervisor who is a very bright academic and a nice individual. Everything started well, but after sometime, I faced some lack of communication with both my supervisors, the other being a very busy professor. I was outspoken about some of the bureaucracy in the system, for which I was penalized with bad impression. In the meantime, I was facing lack of direction from my supervisors and was on my own. This proved to be fatal in the long run. Therefore, after 16 months, I was mentioned to be a weak student by the supervisor, who is the professor and who was the very person, who recommended me to be outstanding 8 months ago.

Now, my main supervisor has taken the responsibility to cure my case when I have to overcome my de-motivation and serious work-lag, that was enhanced by a quite long period of sickness. I don't know how I can overcome this within the next 15 month to complete my work within time. Is there anyone, who could suggest or advise with some positive experience that one can do this? I still haven't done the field study for my thesis!

Regards

P

======= Date Modified 18 May 2009 10:50:01 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Thread Removed -Not relevant- -Advertising-

A

Dear Payal,

Thanks a lot for your kind response. I am definitely interested in this. Should I send the information in your email address? Please let me know at your earliest convenience. And thanks again for this opportunity

Regards

P

======= Date Modified 16 May 2009 20:25:24 =======
I think you should know that this post below has been posted on MANY threads as an advertising gimmick and not to help YOU in particular. People on other threads have noticed and commented on it, and this is very common.

Sorry to disappoint but have a look at some other threads (the one on quitting PhD and another one as well)

Best

E

My tingly spider sense is telling me that Agniparbon and other poster are one and the same.

Nice to have so many friends though ;-)

A

Quote From Ergogirly:

My tingly spider sense is telling me that Agniparbon and other poster are one and the same.

Nice to have so many friends though ;-)

Dear Ergo,

I don't know which other poster you are resembling me with, but I sure don't have any duplicate identity here. Your tingly spider sense gave you a wrong hunch this time, however accurate it is in other occasions ;-)

Cheers!

A

Dear PhDBug,

Thanks for the information. You know, how desperate one might get at times. I am trying my best to pull myself up from a dreadful situation and a fatal depression. Just wish I could have done better than this and have a 'remote' like "Click" to stop time or to visit future, where I can find my life's worth.

Take care.

A

Please keep me in your prayers, while I struggle to meet a last-chance-deadline to keep my funding going.